Conceptual design is the very first step in the process of design. The process starts with drawings of solid models are the dominant tools and products. The conceptual design phase provides a description of the proposed system in terms of a set of integrated ideas and concepts about what it should do, behave, and look like, that will be understandable by the users in the manner intended.
• Design Feasibility
• Design Requirements
• Front-End Engineering Design
• Layout Design
DETAIL/ ASSEMBLY/ INSTALLATION DRAWINGS
Creating detailed engineering drawings or Model-based definition (MBD) datasets including design intent for downstream use by manufacturing, etc.
• Geometrical Dimensioning & Tolerancing; ASME, ANSI, ISO, etc.
• Breaking out detail parts and sub-assemblies from the layout design
• 3D annotation
• Bill of Materials (BOM)
• 2D Layout and Drawing creation
This area of design specializing in carbon fiber composite structures and other unique materials.
• Layup & Ply optimization; Sandwich paneling; Core & Acoustic Structures
• Creation of manufacturing data
• Produceabilty studies
• Creation of manufacturing documentation for factory floor instruction
SURFACING (CLASS A, ADVANCED)
Surfacing maintains relationships between geometric entities such as surface tangencies throughout the design effort, you not only can create your shape but also easily make design changes.
Styling & packaging
• Body in white (BIW)
• Industrial design
ELECTRICAL HARNESS DESIGN
3D electrical harness routing application that allows users to design and route harnesses in complex assemblies.
• Automatic creation of smart manufacturing models
• Interference checking in assemblies
• Design rules
• Part definition selection and placement
Techniques used to analyze software in order to identify and understand the parts it is composed of. Importance ofreverse engineering a piece of software are to recreate the program, to build something similar to it, to exploit its weaknesses or strengthen its defenses.
• Hybrid modeling 2D and 3D scan formats
• Point cloud to geometry
• Surface optimization
• 3D construction from probing